Ultrasound at No Cost to You
Ultrasounds are an important part of the decision making process when it comes to an unplanned pregnancy.
At Hope Clinic we will confirm:
1) That your pregnancy is located in the uterus (any pregnancy that is located outside of the uterus is considered an immediate health emergency regardless of your choice about the future of the pregnancy).
2) If there is a heartbeat (some pregnancies will terminate themselves naturally when there is an absence of heartbeat).
3) How far along you are in your pregnancy (this can help to determine a due date, and if considering abortion, will dictate what type of abortion procedure you would undergo).
At Hope Clinic we will provide you with a limited OB ultrasound following a positive pregnancy test (scheduling is base of criteria and discretion of our medical staff).
Your Ultrasound will Confirm:
- If pregnancy is intrauterine (Is it located in the uterus?)
- If there is a viable pregnancy (Is there a heartbeat?)
- Gestational Age. (How far along?)
Do I have to get an ultrasound?
Ultrasounds are important to confirm that your pregnancy is not outside the uterus, which is an immediate health emergency. Also, ultrasounds confirm that the pregnancy would not naturally miscarry and they are important to know when determining what type of abortion procedure you would undergo should that be one of your options. Ultrasounds are the most confident way to get the true details about your pregnancy before making any decisions.
What does it cost for the ultrasound?
Our ultrasound exams are provided at no cost to our patients and are completely confidential. Your Ultrasound results are one of the most important pieces of information you will need when making a decision about your pregnancy.
How does an Obstetric (OB) ultrasound work?
OB ultrasound uses sound waves to produce pictures of a baby (embryo or fetus) within a pregnant woman, as well as the mother’s uterus and ovaries. (Hope Clinic limited OB ultrasounds confirm only the criteria listed above. Hope Clinic does not check for gender, abnormalities, etc.)
There are different types of abortion procedures based on your current stage of pregnancy. To confirm your pregnancy and viability of it, schedule an appointment.