How to Talk About This
I don’t want to talk about this.
Telling someone about an unplanned pregnancy can be stressful! Here are a few things to remember that will make this process a little easier. Pause. Breathe. Take control.
- It’s going to be ok. The reaction you are imagining is often worse than the actual reaction you will receive.
- Gain Support. Hiding the news from people who can genuinely help you only increases the stress. The sooner you confide in trusted individuals, the sooner you will not be facing this alone.
- Men, it is her body, and she needs to be consulted before disclosing a potential or confirmed pregnancy to parents or peers.
- Ladies, a potential father has the right to know about a confirmed pregnancy.
- Remember, telling people gets easier.
Hope Clinic strives to walk with you through every step of processing an unplanned pregnancy. Whether you are leaning towards abortion, parenting, or adoption, schedule an appointment to learn more about your options.
There are different types of abortion procedures based on your current stage of pregnancy. To confirm your pregnancy and viability of it, schedule an appointment.